Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sunday Fun and TLF friends

On Sunday we went back to First Baptist Church Universal City for the second week. It is a large church, but we like it well enough for now knowing it is only our temporary church home. The pastor called me on Saturday to welcome us to the church and they have a great children's program as well. After church we let Cole play at the church playground.

Then it was off to lunch at Chuy's. My old neighbors Tiffany and Carisa are from the Dallas/Fort Worth area and always ranted and raved about this place so I was excited to try it out. I am glad we did because it was so good and we will definitely be going back!

Cole and Jonathan were excited to be there too! And they even had sweet tea! :-)

And this was Cole's lunch off the kid's menu. I believe he and I could have shared all this food.

BUT, this was my taco salad. I only ate a fraction of it!

We have also met some great people here in the TLF. Here are the kids Cole's age. Thandiwe is in the middle and Penelope is on the right. Cole and Penelope are only a month apart so they have had fun together!

And here is Cole with Penelope and her three sisters Hannah, Sophia and Ella (plus Thandiwe).

Cole and Penelope at the pool. Penelope is a great little swimmer for only three years old!

Before our move and still now, I have prayed for God to put people in our path that would encourage us and build us up and also let us be encouragement to others. God always amazes me in the way He works. We have met some great people already and I am so thankful!

1 comment: