Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What we've been up to...

We got back from Alabama late Friday night, but since Cole did so great on the car ride that we wanted to reward him with a fun day Saturday. The Cat and the Hat was at the Children's Museum so we headed over there to see him.

The museum is located downtown right by the Riverwalk. There was quite a line to get in so we figured people were just really excited to the see the cat. :-) Turns out it was free admission from 9-12 so that was the cause. We didn't have to wait long and it was free so it was our lucky day!

Waiting to head in...

Milking a cow. This is funny because on the car ride back to Texas Cole was asking me all about milking cows. He got to try it out for himself!

We waited in the line about 25 minutes and got our picture with the Cat and the Hat.

After we left the museum we went over to the Riverwalk for lunch. The food was great and the view was even better! I love the is full of good food, entertainment and shopping!

On Tuesday we went spent the day car shopping. Since Cole was being so good we took a lunch break at Chuck-E-Cheese for playtime and pizza. This Chuck-E-Cheese is big and much better than the one in Missouri and it is only 10 minutes from base!

Car shopping wore Cole out so he napped while we negotiated and signed paperwork. I know Jonathan will be SO sad when Cole can no longer nap in his lap like this.

Luckily we came away from all our shopping with a lovely new car for me! I have been eyeing the Altima's for a couple of years now so I am very happy with it!

Then it was off to the Barber shop for haircuts for Cole and daddy!

And that night Cole had got to meet his teacher at his new preschool...Schertz Christian Academy. He starts next Tuesday and will be going on Tuesday and Thursday from 9-2. He enjoyed getting to play with new toys.

And today we made a trip to the doctor for Cole. He has been coughing for over a week now so I wanted to make sure it was nothing serious before sending him to school next week. Luckily it was just a little cold and he is fine. She said give him another 5 days or so and it should be cleared up. I am just glad he didn't catch the junk that Jonathan and I both had!

Well, that about covers our last few days. We have a zoo trip planned for tomorrow and a trip to Playnastics on Friday. Busy is the only way to be for me! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Paw Paw and Maw MawAugust 18, 2011 at 9:35 PM

    Enjoy yourselves in San Antonio!!!!