Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

I had a good Mother's Day with my boys.  I received a couple of handmade gifts from Cole which truly are my favorite. 

This cracked me up, but also reminded me that he knows me well!



Not sure if you can see them in the picture or not, but back before Easter we were eating at Cracker Barrel with my in-laws.  Cole had been wanting to get me jewelry and he picked out these butterfly earrings and had my father-in-law buy them for me.  I kept them in the bag (he didn't want me to look!) and then he gave them to me for Easter.   I finally wore them to church yesterday and he was so excited that I had them on.  He has such a sweet spirit!


My heart is SO full and SO thankful.  I thank God everyday for these crazy boys! 


We had a fancy Mother's Day lunch at Sonic. :-) Crosby went to town on his corn dog.  Me, Cole and Crosby all love corn dogs and hot dogs!


The sweetest face I have ever seen!  He is thinning out now that he is so mobile, but I could still eat him up. ;-)


We had a quick late afternoon rain shower while the kids were outside playing.  I just let them stay out and play in it.  They were in hog heaven!


Even Crosby enjoyed it!  It only lasted about 5 minutes and it was over.   Just enough time to wet my car that I had just washed and get the kids clothes nice and wet! ;-)


As we celebrated Mother's Day yesterday without Jonathan here, God brought a verse to my mind over and over throughout the day and here it is:

Philippians 4:11-13

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.


My prayer is that I will seek contentment always and not let my circumstances (husband deployed, sick baby, bad weather, etc.) control my attitude and mood.  Regardless of circumstances, I want to always have the JOY that comes only from being a child of Christ.   God is good and I never want to forget that! May I always praise Him for his lavish love, mercy and grace that is poured out on me.

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment