Thursday, December 13, 2012

December Fun!

We have had a fun December so far!  Here's a little bit of what we have been up to:

Cole and his dad made a Gingerbread House.  Not sure what was up with his face. :-)


Last Friday night we went to the Wassail Fest in downtown Columbus.  All of the shops were open and served free samples of wassail.  That was our first time to have wassail (it tastes alot like apple cider).

Cheese!


Monday night I went to a going away party for my friend Emily (front row, center).  It was at Taste of Art which is local painting place and you can bring in food and drinks.  So even if you don't want to paint you can just hang out and eat and chat.  I chose to paint although I wish I would have just hung out.  My painting was AWFUL...for some reason I thought they sketched it out for you, but nope I was wrong!  I had to free hand it all and art is not my forte!   It was still fun and we had LOTS of laughs!


Tuesday night was our spouse coffee and we had an ornament exchange and treat exchange. I came home with a plate full of yummies!  No wonder I stress out every time I step on the scale. :-)


Cole and I made salt dough ornaments.  They were pretty messy, but turned out really well.


After they cooled I let him and his BFF Chloe paint them.  


My first time seeing a blue and red gingerbread man. :-)


Jonathan also built me this nifty shelf for Cole (and one for Crosby's room too).  I found this same thing in the Pottery Barn catalog for $150.  Mine was about $20!


Saturday night we went to the OSS Christmas Party.  When Jonathan pinned on Major last month they promoted him to flight commander of wing scheduling over in the OSS (operation support squadron).  He is still attached to the 49th and flies with them almost daily.   


On Wednesday Cole's preschool went caroling at the local nursing home.  He was looking so cute before he went so I had to get a picture.  Unfortunately parents weren't invited, but I would have loved to have been there!  


Today was my office Christmas luncheon at the country club.   These are all the agents in the office plus the book keeper and receptionist.  My broker, Doris Hardy, is the one sitting in front in the blue vest.  We all had a really nice lunch together.  


Whew!  What a busy month and it's not even halfway over!  I am really enjoying the season and cherishing (most of the time!) this little life growing inside of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment