Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Spouse Tanker Ride

Jonathan's squadron has been planning a spouse tanker ride for the last few months and Monday was the day. When Jonathan first asked me if I wanted to do this (which was back in June) I knew for sure I did. I was a little apprehensive sitting in the tanker waiting to take off, but it turned out to be a great experience and I am so glad I was able to be a part of it.

Jonathan and I before he stepped to go fly.


Heading out to the KC-135 Tanker. This plane was huge!


Getting buckled into my seat and ready for takeoff. This is right before I got nervous. :-)

My view from the airplane window. So cool seeing these jets in action!

Waiting for Jonathan to approach the boom. I got to wear the headphones and talk to him.


Jonathan on the boom filling up with fuel. It was just awesome to get to talk to him while he was flying. A first in the eight years he has been in the AF.

The boom operator. This guy was so nice and accomodating to us. He has to lay flat on his stomach to operate the boom. My back hurt from just the 10 minutes I was down there so I can only imagine how he feels. Reminds me that it takes alot of work from other people just for Jonathan to be able to go out and fly.

All the spouses!

What a great time I had! So grateful for my husband and the selfless job he does to keep us safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment