Wednesday, June 1, 2011

St. Louis

Every year for Memorial Day weekend we try and pack up and take a short trip. This year we went to St. Louis. We had been wanting to see the sights there and knew this would probably be our last chance to do so. Aside from the super high crime rate, I think St. Louis would be a cool place to live.

We got there around lunch time on Saturday and our first stop was the Magic House Children's Museum.

Cole had the best seat in the house! :-)

Ready to play!

They had some really fun stuff inside...


and out!

Cole's favorite place was the construction zone where he could build, hammer and paint!

After we left the museum we headed to see the arch. Cole loved running through the park surrounding the arch.

This thing is massive!


We had high hopes of going to the top of the arch, but due to a two hour wait we settled on checking out the arch museum and eating a popsicle. At least we can say we have been inside the arch.

On Sunday we headed out early for our all day outing to the St. Louis Zoo. This zoo is one of the top rated in the country so I was excited about checking it out.


We went on a train ride first thing before the lines got too long. Good thing we did too because the zoo filled up fast! I have never seen so many people at a zoo in my life!


Riding with mommy on the train...and daddy in the seat behind us.

We got to ride the carousel too and in true Alabama fashion, Cole picked the elephant! Smart boy! :-)

They had a cool children's zoo as well and that is where Cole got eaten by the hippo! :-)

I think his favorite part was the goats. He loved petting and brushing them. If we have land at our next house I see little pygmy goats in our future. They are so sweet and docile!

And here is Cole with the donkey. The sign called it a wild ass so I had to get a picture. I told Jonathan this wild ass is related to our son. Maybe Cole belongs in the zoo after all? :-)

After a LONG day at the zoo, we visited a local park where Cole played in the creek and ran around.

On Monday morning we got up and headed to turtle park. No real turtles, just huge statues of ones.


Definitely the biggest turtle I have ever seen!

It was getting warm at Turtle Park so we made our last stop at the City Museum and I am sure glad we did. This place is hard to describe...everything is made of recycled materials and it has lots and lots of climbing to do. We all had a blast there and got a good workout too.

This was outside the building. We climbed all the way to the top and hung out in the airplane for a bit.

A cool slide! I will say it was a little too bumpy for me though...my bottom didn't appreciate it!


Weaved up in the top! I have to brag on Cole a minute...for not even 3 years old this kid is amazing! He climbed through everything...tight, high and scary spaces. There were some spots I was skeptical of climbing through, but if he could do it so could I. Jonathan and I were just so proud of him and how great he did.

I love our little mini trips together as a family. We always have the best time and treasure every minute together. Our family has been so blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Paw Paw and Maw MawJune 4, 2011 at 8:38 AM

    Looks like a wonderful time was enjoyed by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paw Paw and Maw MawJune 9, 2011 at 8:27 AM

    Love these family photos with Jonathan! Good photography skills.

    ReplyDelete