Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Breakfast with Santa

Saturday morning Cole and I went to the Officer's Club on base for a pancake breakfast with Santa. Cole was not on his best behavior (or even mediocre behavior for that matter) on this morning so it turned out to be almost more trouble than it was worth.

I should have had a clue as to his behavior to be when he was doing this right before we left:

And this:

I did get him to pose with me though.


And he smiled with Kaden too.
Thinking about what he can get into next.

Decorating a bag to hold all his crafts.

He didn't want to sit in Santa's lap, so he just stood next to him instead.

That afternoon we headed to the UCM bowling alley to celebrate Andrew's 5th birthday. Cole chowed down on some Chick-fil-A nuggets and fries, as well as a huge piece of chocolate cake.


For party favors Carisa made all the kiddos Superman capes since superheroes are all the rage right now with the boys.

Cole loved running around in his cape and shouting "Superman!!"


On challenging days like these I remember and recite my most favorite parenting verse.

"Let us not grow weary in doing good, for in proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

Galatians 6:9

I am hopeful that in due time I will reap a harvest and see the fruits of my labor. This thing called motherhood is just flat out hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment