Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Life


I have been doing Beth Moore's Bible Study on the book of Esther on Wednesday mornings at my church. I did my first Bible study last January and it was also a Beth Moore study on the book of Daniel. I love, love, love these Bible studies. I have learned and grown so much through these studies as well as the fellowship with the other Christian gals in my church.

A couple of weeks ago while working on my Bible study homework, I came across this phrase written by Beth Moore- "I had to accept that I was not called to an easy life. I was called to a purposeful life". Wow! I don't know about you, but those words hit me up side the head like a ton of bricks. Those words have continued to pop into my head over and over the last few weeks. I think God is trying to tell me something! :-)

Some days I feel like my life is hard or challenging (goes with the territory of raising a toddler I guess), but so what as long as it is purposeful. Raising my son to love Jesus and honor God has never given my life more purpose!

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment