Monday, March 15, 2010

OSC Tea Party

Last Thursday night I went with my neighbor, Dani, to the OSC (Officer's Spouses Club) monthly social. The theme this month was a tea party and we had yummy homemade sandwiches and DELICIOUS desserts at a quaint little cafe here in Warrensburg called Cafe Blackadder. I highly recommend you try it if you live in the 'Burg. Since it was a tea party we were all encouraged to wear hats. Having only baseball caps I did manage to come across a beach hat I had gotten when we went on a floating trip years ago while still in Oklahoma.

Here are a few pics from our night.

Dani and I in our hats

They gave away several prizes for best hat and Dani won one of them for her (or should I say Kaden's) cute pirate hat. She got some calming tea to calm her life. :-)


They also gave away three great door prizes. After the first two were handed out I mumbled something about never winning and being a sore loser and then, lo and behold, I won the third door prize!! I was elated and felt like I won the lottery. Look at all my loot!! :-)


They went with a spring cleaning theme for the prizes and I got the cute basket filled with a jewelry holder, ironing board cover, scented drawer liners, pant hangers, pretty pink shirt hangers, makeup bags, shoe holder and some super cute latex cleaning gloves. I will now clean my toilets in style! :-)

We had a fun night and I am looking forward to joining the OSC next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment