Monday, August 16, 2010

Family Fun

We had a great family weekend together that started out by going to the Butterfly Festival at Powell Gardens. Jonathan had to stay home and work on tiling the downstairs bathroom so Cole, Kaitlyn and I headed to the gardens. It has been so hot here so we went early so it wouldn't be too bad. There were lots of activities for the kids to do since they were having the festival.



Cole and Kaitlyn inside the butterfly exhibit

Painting a flower pot

On Saturday we headed to the Kansas City Zoo. We have been there many times and Cole just loves it! He is constantly asking to go to the zoo. If only it were closer we could go far more often.

Riding the carousel

Naptime! He looks huge in this stroller!

After nap it was time for a big ole' messy popsicle.

We were all pretty worn out from our day at the zoo and being in the heat, but I guess we weren't worn out enough because Sunday after church we headed to the Missouri State Fair. We just love going to fairs (I think we have been to one every place we have lived). Cole was so small last year that he couldn't do much, but he had a blast this year. There is livestock galore there so he was in heaven. :-) We took our "little brother" Matthew with us also.



Cole wanted to pet the horse and the owner was nice enough to let him do so.

My favorite (and Cole's)- Cotton Candy!

I did learn a valuable lesson at the fair though (one that I really already knew) and that is that my poor, disfunctioning stomach can NOT handle fair food! I do okay with a little cotton candy, but I crossed the line with the funnel cake. Needless to say, I was sick as a dog last night. Thank goodness Jonathan was home to take care of Cole and get him bathed and in bed. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband. He really is the best!

Fun weekends like this just really make me so thankful for my little family. We are so blessed and love nothing more than just hanging out and spending time together.



No comments:

Post a Comment